In the hospitality industry, service will always be the differentiator. The key is creating a comfortable and productive environment for guests, while running an efficient, profitable operation. And in a highly competitive environment like hospitality, where customer loyalty can be fleeting, technology needs of guests and patrons is becoming more and more of a determining factor.
Sadly, the technology needs of guests often surpass the capabilities of many of today’s properties. And some hospitality enterprises struggle with sluggish systems or lack of bandwidth, often as a result of an outdated or inadequate network design.
Best-of-breed hotels, resorts, restaurants, and casinos have already built or are building a network infrastructure that offers the flexibility and scalability to adapt to the ever-changing guest, staff, and property management needs. Their infrastructures are based on a converged network and can integrate with today’s solutions, such as Wi-Fi, online reservations, and IP-based surveillance, High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) related-solutions to support today’s customer and technology trends.
At Alphamatic, our solution will be able to address the unique challenges faced by hospitality companies, from streamlining the check-in process, to providing multilingual concierge services, to informing guests about services and amenities using interactive signage.
All solutions have been designed to operate independently or as part of a complete multimedia solution. Using this design approach it is possible to start with a very simple solution and then grow it to a comprehensive TV, video and digital signage system as budget and requirements grow.
- High Speed Internet Access (HSIA)
- Wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) & Hotspot Gateway
- Interactive TV / IPTV (Television over IP networks)
- Digital TV (DTV)
- Digital signage
- High Speed Internet Access
- WIFI & Hotspot Gateway
- Interactive TV (IPTV) & Digital TV (DTV)
- Digital Signage
For today’s increasingly mobile world, guests’ needs center around the availability of high speed internet access (HSIA). Over 90% of business travelers are bringing a laptop and a growing number of non-business travelers look to access social media and other sites via personal laptops and tablets. According to survey, “86% of guests expect free Wi-Fi, so paying steep Wi-Fi charges at checkout could put a damper on a guest’s entire hotel experience.”
It is not enough to just offer free internet access; guests expect their hotel room to provide the same level of speed, dependability, and convenience that their office or home network provides. In fact, HSIA is becoming a differentiator, as many guests specifically ask for it, making it one of the top determining factors in choosing where to stay.
Guest demand for bandwidth is increasing rapidly, and hotels are striving to increase the amount of bandwidth accessible to their guests. Furthermore, hoteliers everywhere are experiencing a substantial increase in the number of devices per guest that need to connect, thereby adding to bandwidth demands exponentially. Hotels now need to support the bandwidth requirements of multiple devices per occupied room, and HSIA delivers more bandwidth than other methods. The ability to deliver consistent, bandwidth-rich HSIA ensures guests’ satisfaction and repeat visits are achieved, and is predicated on building a solid structured cabling infrastructure. The key to building that relationship with guests is to understand and fulfill their needs.
- Maintain loyal and attract new customers
- Generate more sales on corporate event opportunities
- Marketing or cross sell other service
- Increased guest satisfaction
- Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access (HSIA) for guest rooms
- Wi-Fi������������� Hotspots for public areas, meeting rooms, or conference centers
- Integration with PMS and the hotel’s business network (if required)
- Providing the scalability to increase bandwidth with rising demand
- Ensuring guests are always connected to Internet services. Typically, hotels and resorts will implement a mix of wireless and wired connections to ensure that guests have 100% connectivity at all times.
- Experience in deployment of a vast array of solutions: Alphamatic deploy the right solution in a given location
- Deployment of the latest technology in the most cost-effective manner, maximizing return on investment (ROI) and extending the lifespan of your HSIA investment
- Elegant, standards-based solutions: we do not deploy costly, proprietary equipment prone to obsolescence.
- Extensive experience in reengineering and replacing legacy or outdated HSIA networks. We can turn a poor or marginal HSIA deployment into a gold-standard deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of unique hospitality needs, learned through deploying Wi-Fi and HSIA systems for more than 3 years.
- Flexible pricing model
- Toll Free Phone Support
IPTV & DTV are IP based interactive in-room entertainment and communication system for hotel businesses. It enables hotel guests to access and enjoy Live TV broadcast from satellite, terrestrial, cable in both standard and high definition format Interactive Hotel TV provides the best picture quality with sharper edges, more distinct images, more vivid colors and a smoother look for the fast moving objects.
Integrating communication, internet and TV into one system, IPTV builds up its core competitiveness with interactivity and timeliness. Distinguished from the traditional TV programs which transmitted by means of wireless or coaxial cable, IPTV delivers high quality TV programs and video over broadband IP network.
To enable guests to really relax in their rooms and to enjoy a true home from home experience, the ability to access to thousands of high quality digital TV and Radio channels from around the world. With superb digital picture and sound quality and complemented by the new generation of LCD and LED displays, your guests can enjoy a true digital experience.
- Distribute free to view and subscription satellite or terrestrial television signals across your computer network to every guest bedroom, bar, conference facility or public area within a hotel
- Provide extensive set of local and foreign language TV and radio channel, in-house advertising channel to hotel guest rooms, common areas, restaurants and bars
- Fully HD compatible, the High definition user interface can be custom-built to each company individual branding to allow for logos, images, videos etc.
- Deliver live TV and video/music on demand to Guest Rooms
- Prevent having multiple cables and network systems installed around your building
- Personalized Electronic Programme Guide: providing information on the TV channels available at the hotel
- Shows information about various facilities and activities accessible within the Hotel
- View My Bill: A facility to view bill information at any time
- Messages: Can receive Messages direct to bedroom television
- Check Out: Simple “Check Out” for guests from convenience of their room
- It reduce operating costs with efficient management of guest TV viewing options.
- Customizable UI. Users can select an interface that best suits the property’s brand and image.
- Content based on room groups. Groups of guest rooms can be targeted to receive, or not receive, specific content.
- TV and network management. Property managers or technicians can perform specific actions remotely, such as updating TV firmware.
- Channel management. Channel lists can be created and edited by genre, paid or free channels, and room grade.
Digital signage can help resorts and hotels connect and communicate with their guests by highlighting in-facility amenities and services, along with the availability and schedules of local activities, events and eateries. The result a more enjoyable stay for the guest with the increased possibility of a return visit or word-of-mouth recommendation.
Typically deployed in the lobby and other high-traffic or waiting areas, large-screen signage systems help inform guests and visitors about all options inside and outside the facility. Playlists and marketing promotions change throughout the day in order to highlight time-sensitive offerings and specials, while continually reminding guests of important travel information, weather, and local and national news.
- Inform and educates guests with a high-impact displays and content
- Build brand equity with an emotional connection and lifestyle videos
- Highlight in-facility restaurants, stores, amenities and specials
- Create an automated way-finding and information system for meeting venues
- Reduce printing costs and clutter associated with notices and paper signage
- Create and schedule playlists that target specific guests
- Passive, yet highly effective, training system for guest services employees
- Experienced worldwide developer base
- Use advanced graphics and animations
- Integrate with mobile and desktop applications
- Leverage development and media assets across platforms
- Create custom widgets and apps
- Create real-time dynamic content
- Plug-and-play installation
- Push content to multiple channels and devices